Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One Year

I am back! After a summer break I am back to sharing my thoughts, joys and frustrations.

It is hard to believe that it has been one year this week since I moved to NJ. It has been a fast year and a year full of new things. I have learned a lot about myself, the East Coast, theology, the Church and people. It will be interesting to see what this year holds.

I have started work at First Presbyterian Church of Freehold, New Jersey. My primary role will be as a high school youth leader, but I also will be preaching and participating in worship on a regular basis. After only a single Sunday of work I can already tell that this placement is going to stretch and challenge me in ways I could never have imagined.

I can't say that I am necessarily excited about this upcoming year, I think the best way to describe my feelings are that of indifference. Its another school year, another set of classes and papers. I am sure it will be filled with wonderful,exciting memory making moments, but right now in the rush of all the newness it just seems like a lot of daunting work ahead.

I have decided that this year I want to be more intentional in my blogging. I have decided that I am going to try to post something almost everyday. Along with this I have decided to take on the practice of taking one picture everyday. I think taking a single picture everyday will be a fun way to document my year, I also think it will be a good practice for me in regards to thankfulness. I figure if I can find one thing every day that represents my experience I will be better mindful of all the things I have to be thankful for. So my hope for this upcoming year is to post a comment and a picture almost everyday.

I hope you will join me on this journey,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment