Saturday, October 9, 2010

Small World

My picture for today is of the local coffee shop where I spend a great deal of my time studying. It is called Small World Coffee, it is a small family owned business. I like going there because it has a little flavor of Portland to it.

The first few weeks of school have flown by which I am grateful for. You see I am not very good with middle times. Seminary is three years long and the first year is exciting simply because it is new, and the last year is exciting and terrifying because it is the end and you have to start looking towards what you are called to do next. But the middle year that I am currently endeavoring is not exciting or particularly interesting for any of those reasons. It is somewhat exciting being that you get thrown into interning at a church, but other then that it is the same old thing as the year before. I am not saying I am bored. I have plenty to keep me busy things are just a little more mundane. I understand though that you have to learn to walk before you can run, and this year particularly thanks to field ed. I am learning to walk before I hopefully run.

Peace,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment