Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall


Fall is definitely here. All the tree's are changing to all sorts of shades of gorgeous red's, yellow's and orange's. The leaves are sprinkling the ground getting nice and crunchy. I love to go walk across the Princeton Campus stomping on the leaves as I go. The two kids that I watch are enjoying the Fall weather as well. The other day we were playing in the back yard and they were enjoying catapulting the bounty of colorful leaves off their slide. It looked like a colorful waterfall!
Living in a dorm, I miss getting to carve pumpkins. I think carving pumpkins is probably one of my favorite Fall activities. I also miss getting to bake the pumpkin seeds and eat them as a snack. I also miss buying apples from the apple man. When I was growing up down the street from my house just before my birthday there was a house that would sell apples. I would always get to go down there and buy all sorts of apples. I particularly liked going to buy apples from the "apple man" as he was so named because he had these tiny miniature apples. I loved to take them in my lunch!
Well, despite not getting to visit the apple man and not being able to carve pumpkins I am still enjoying Fall. My new tradition has been afternoon walks with warm apple cider.

Hope Fall is treating you well,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment