Monday, November 22, 2010

Busy, and a roasted pig...


I can't believe it has been almost a month since I last posted! Since then Alumni week came and went, and with that brought a visit from my good friend Ms. K.P. That was followed by a conference on Emerging Adulthood which brought a visit from my good friend Ms. J.M. It was great to get to spend time with some friends from the Pacific Northwest to give me a taste of all that I miss.

The picture I posted is from alumni week. They really stepped up the dining experience for the week the Alumni were here and that included whole roasted pigs at lunch one day. I couldn't resist having my picture taken next to one of them.

Halloween has come and gone as well. The Youth Group wanted to go trick-or-treating so I took six of them. We had quite the variety of costumes from a teletubby to superman. The kids had a good time and of course went home with a good share of candy.

I am excited for Thanksgiving break, despite not getting to go home I do get a few days off work and will be enjoying the opportunity to relax.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! May it be filled with lots of good food and friends.

Peace,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda--Happy New Year! I haven't checked the blog for awhile (like 10 months) so I did some catch-up today. I'm so glad that you decided to blog "almost every day" this semester and post a picture too!! I see that lasted for one whole day. I actually really am glad because I wouldn't be able to read that much.

    Anyway, I hope you are well and that your internship is turning into a good place for you. I'd love to hear more about it. We are doing well in deep-snow-drift Minnesota and send you our love and care. Phil GebbenGreen

    ReplyDelete