Saturday, May 1, 2010

Touching Base



It has been sooooo long since my last post. I really hate to use the excuse that life got really busy, because as we all know life is always busy and the only way we actually get anything done is by prioritizing. Well, life did get really busy and unfortunately a whole bunch of things ended up at the top of my list. The last few months have really been all about school, a few weeks ago we had finals and finished up spring long term classes, which I might add was a glorious thing to finish.

I took a class on forgiveness and reconciliation which was purposeful in putting a face on the nebulous concepts of forgiveness and reconciliation that often get thrown around in the media and social contexts. On the other hand, it managed to make the concepts themselves more complicated. I was given the wonderful opportunity though to go into New York City and here Archbishop Desmond Tutu speak about global reconciliation. He touched on some very significant issues that our world stands to face in the next years and decades. (I hope to post a separate blog entry about the comments from his lecture.)

I also took a class on War and the Christian Conscience. While the class covered a lot of very important theories it didn't do such a good job at connecting the real world with the theoretical. All in all it was a good class, but one hard to do in only ten weeks.

I am also proud and excited to announce that I am done with speech class! I could say that it was one of my most inspiring and informative classes but, there is no use in lying it consumed hours of my life that I will never get back, hours that could have been spent doing more productive things probably, but at least I can say I did it and it is done.

Also, since I last posted I met with my CPM (Committee on Preparation for Ministry). All went smoothly.

Now that I have confirmed that I am still alive, not lost under stacks and stacks of John Calvin books, I hope to post more often again.

Hope this finds everyone well,

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment