Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Saying "Yes!"

Summer and all that it encompasses I am finally willing to admit has begun to slowly recede. The days are getting shorter and the warmth that pulls us all outside is slowly pushing us closer and closer to our stoops, thresholds and eventually indoors. Fall is definitely beginning.

I love the fall, for all its color. The trees here are just beginning to change which has me very excited because everyone keeps telling me about how beautiful Fall is on the East Coast. I find myself wishing it would happen already. It seems that at different points in our lives there are different things which we notice more prominently then others, for me in the last year it has been seasons. Usually the seasons were something that I tended to notice after the fact, thinking " Oh Fall is here" after all the leaves had fallen from the tree. But I feel like I can remember the change of every season of this last year and this Fall is no different. I find myself paying particular attention watching for the first leaves to change so I won't miss all the beautiful oranges and yellows that come in the Fall.

Below I posted pictures from going apple picking with the girls from my floor. Despite wanting to initially say "No, Thank you" to the offer to go, and spend the Saturday reading (they make u read a lot at seminary) heeding the good advice of a friend, when asked if I wanted to go rather then saying "No, Thank you" and staying in my room studying I said "Yes!". It was a lot of fun! I got to know the girls from my floor better, laughed a bunch and had some great cider doughnuts!

We will see where saying "Yes!", takes me next time. (Maybe Karaoke... just kidding!, though the Presby's here seem to be really into it!)

1 comment:

  1. "I don't know Who, or what, put the question, I don't know when it was put. I don't even remember answering. But at some moment I did answer Yes to Someone, or Something,and from that hour I was certain that existence is meaningful and that, therefore, my life, in self-surrender, had a goal.” - Dag Hammarskjold

    ReplyDelete