Friday, October 23, 2009

Are You Old Enough To Be Here?

Conversation between me and the man who works at the campus mail room:
(Bold= Him, Italic= Me)

Hi. I need to pick up a package, box 307.

Ok. (Turns to look for the package) Are you sure you go here? You know the high school is down the road. (Turns to smile and laugh)

Yeah, I am pretty sure I go here.

(Hands me the medium size package) You sure you can handle carrying that? Sure you don't need any help?

Thanks, but I got it.


Conversation between me and the gentleman who swipes our cards in the cafeteria:
(Bold= Him, Italic= Me)

Good evening. There is something that I have wanted to ask you since I first saw you in here.

Yes?

How old are you? Because when I saw you I thought you were like 12.

Actually I just turned 22.

Wow, you definitely look young.

Thanks. Have a good evening.

Some day when I am grown up, I will know what the appropriate response is to situations like these because the response I would like to give most of the time I am sure is not appropriate for any young looking 12 year old like myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment